We welcome Maker input across multiple sectors to help inform and strengthen the San Juan Island Maker Community. Share your interests, products, activities and needs. Join the Networking Hub!
This Survey is for Professional, DIY/Hobby, Small Business, and Maker Organization community members in San Juan County, WA.
The Makers Guild hosts opportunities for Networking, Capacity Building, Workshops, Marketing, Special Events, and Grant Support to foster a thriving Maker Community
The Guild’s current work is building a robust Makers Platform that includes the Networking Hub and the Makers Directory that showcases “who is making what, where” in San Juan County.
The first step is to join the Hub, and second step is to create a listing in the Directory. We have listing types for Professional and Organization Makers, and another for DIY and Life Long Learner Makers.
To help Makers build their listing, the Guild is offering free 1-hour classes that help you prepare your listing materials and then post them online. Easy instructions plus supportive teachers and voila, you have a listing!
Benefits of creating a Listing (or Listings) are:
• Inclusion in a countywide Makers Directory for resource sharing and community building and, if a small buisness or organization, help connecting with buyers, clients and supporters.
• Invitations to benefit from grant-funded programs and direct services that promote Maker skills, resource sharing and enterprises.
• Free Membership through end of 2023 as a Founding Maker.
• Opportunities to sell your work or promote services through our seasonal Makers Fairs serving all islands.
The Makers Hub is a members-only resource and networking space where you can access information and communication tools that help Professional and DIY Maker connect and create.
It is free and easy to register for a Hub account.
In the Makers Hub you can opt to build and monitor your Professional Listing or DIY Profile, participate in community building, information sharing and tool library development, find Maker Spaces, add maker events to the community calendars, and get to know fellow makers.
We also host classes and meetings through the Hub and offer professional and skill development workshops and multi-media Maker storytelling on the Hub.
Membership in the Hub is free, all San Juan County Makers are welcome to register!
Life long learning is a journey through creative, skill developing, experiential activities that enrich our lives.
The Makers Guild is hosting, facilitating or promoting live and online skill building, cultural, and educational activities:
• Maker Tours and Fairs in the San Juans
• Hands-on workshops and retreats to learn with Master Makers and Online connections that promote learning and discovery.
• Options to join the Friends of the Makers Guild group as a member and donor.
Youth Mentoring program links future makers and entrepreneurs with experienced master makers. Classes open to DIY and Professional Makers from the Islands and afar.
Requests to be a teacher, volunteer, or for student internships and mentoring can be sent to
To help strengthen the creative and business operations capacities of local Maker industries and organizations, the San Juan Makers Guild also builds relationships between tourism, retail, government and agriculture sectors with the aim of improving economic resiliency across our rural island communities.
We welcome small business and corporate sponsors that share our goals and support our creative industry mission.
Inquiries from Community Partners and Sponsorship Packages can be sent to